Sunday, August 05, 2007

Foreshadowing

This blog was originally created to document how Simon and I fell in love and eloped to Vegas. I just finished going through and deleting all the posts except for one.

The posting I left in tact was about our first fight. That post, unfortunately, sums up our entire relationship.

I married my husband knowing full well that he did not trust me. I fooled myself into thinking that everything would be okay after we tied the knot. Part of the reason why I fooled myself was because I believed him when he said that everything would be okay after the wedding.

I had begged him to postpone the wedding until he could work out his trust issues. But he looked at me with tears in his eyes, and promised me that if I married him, everything would get better. By marrying him, I would be giving him the confidence he needed to truly trust me.

Ah, if I'd only known then what I know now. Wait...I did know it then. The demise of this marriage had been plainly put out there for me to see. I even detailed it in my blog! I just chose to ignore it. I chose to believe in love, and to believe in him.

Rule #1: NEVER go back on your deal breaker. I gave in with mine and now I'm heading to divorce court.

No comments: