Sunday, August 12, 2007

Celebrity Splits

I was watching a show a few days ago, about the shortest Hollywood marriages. J.Lo's first marriage lasted just under a year, and her second marriage a year and a half. They featured a whole host of other celebs with failed marriages, lasting about as long as mine did.

Anyone who knows me can say without a doubt, I'm the biggest celebrity watcher/worshipper. I live and die for the latest Hollywood story. Up until last month, whenever a separation or divorce hit the headlines, I didn't think twice about it. It's "normal" in Hollywood for relationships to implode what seems like mere moments after having tied the knot.

Watching this show really did a number on me. I cannot even begin to imagine how horrifying it would be to go through a divorce in the public eye. I know how absolutely devestated I have been feeling. I can barely make it through a day without crying my eyes out. There have been days where I just lock myself inside and allow all of the hurt and misery to be fully expressed. I have to apologize to my cat for the strange noises and cursing he's been subjected to.

I feel awful for those celebs who have to go through the pain of a divorce, while fulfilling their public appearance committments. I have promised myself not to buy any magazines reporting the details of a couple's demise. Unless it has Britney's latest stupid escapade, then maybe I'll just thumb through it at the check out.

No comments: