My good friend separated from her husband about 2 weeks before Simon and I split up. Two good friends, going through exactly the same thing, at exactly the same time. Sadly we thought the life altering event we would share together would be getting pregnant.
It's a very unique and weird thing to have happen. I am finding it strange, and strangely comforting. I have a Divorce Twin - how many people can say that? I can say I've never been in a position where I have ever known EXACTLY what the other person is feeling. Of course, I could always empathize with my friends when they were going through hard times. But I've never been able to honestly say, "I exactly know how you are feeling at this moment". And in turn, I know that she really knows how I feel at any given moment.
I'm finding it a bit difficult to provide her the support I want to give her. Mainly because I'm too busy being upset/sad/angry/frustrated/depressed about the exact same thing.
We promised each other the next time we get divorces, we'll time them at least 6 months apart. How's that for morbid hilarity?
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment