Over the last week, I've been having crazy nightmares about Simon. The general theme is him coming back into my life in some way.
Most of these dreams take place in the house I grew up in. I did a quick Google search and it turns out that when you dream about a house, it represents your soul.
Last night's dream was particularly crazy and weird. I was back at my old house and I was looking for the spare key to my car. I suddenly realized that Simon had somehow snagged it, and took the car out. He was sending me text messages telling me he'd be home soon.
I remember thinking that he was going to go ape shit when he got home. The reason I was so desperate to get my car was because I had plans the next day with my friend Ryan, and I was driving. Simon didn't know that Ryan and I had become so close. Simon would come home expecting that I take him to wherever it was I was going but of course, I would have to come clean about making plans without him.
He called me and told me he'd won a prize a karaoke and he was going to stay and drink some more. I was like fine, take your time. That would give me some time to come up with a way to distract him and get the key away from him.
He finally showed up and got out of the car. I tried to distract him long enough to get the key. It worked, I snagged it and hid it in my underwear. I noticed he'd gotten a bunch of tattoos on his arms, all bleeding heart type. He grabbed me and started to dance with me. I tried to wiggle free but I couldn't. He couldn't understand why I didn't want to be near him.
Eventually he let me go and wanted to go back to the car. I managed to sneak back into my house and started madly packing things. My brothers and some friends were in the living room now, playing Nintendo.
I ran up to my bedroom still searching, looking for something. I'm not really sure what it was. All I know is there was a sense of panic, I had to get out of there fast before Simon could figure out that we hadn't been together in the last 6 months and that I was moving on.
Then I woke up because snot was running down my face from a stupid cold I managed to catch this week.
I never took psychology in university, but this one seems pretty clear to me. I'm feeling anxious about Simon because he's been very quiet lately. The last time I heard from him was a text message at Christmas. I never responded. I guess I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Hopefully it's in the form of him telling me he's found his new soul mate and wants to file for divorce.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment