I've been officially separated for 3 months now. I've been officially on anti-depressants for 2 weeks now. And I've been officially on a leave from work for 6 days now.
Yay me.
Since being on meds/off work, I thought I would do myself a favour and go easy on myself. I've always been the type of person to over achieve, to push myself to the limits, to stretch so thin that I swear I've seen actual holes appear in my body. However, being in this fragile emotional state, I promised myself I would only set one goal per day. Small, achievable goals so that I don't get overwhelmed.
My goals thus far:
- pick up the things I threw on the floor in the living room (check)
- do the dishes (check)
- read for a period of more than 30 minutes (check)
- draw (check)
- have dinner with friends (check)
- change the cat litter (still working on that)
Today's goal is to post to my blog. Check.
Tomorrow's goal is to buy a small canvas and a few tubes of paint. I've always wanted to try painting. I am sure it will end up looking like a big blob of nothing, but I don't care. I want to squeeze the paints on to the canvas and smoosh the colours around until I feel better. I want to get my hands into the paint and feel the liquid squish between my fingers. I want the paint to get under my fingernails so that I will be picking it out for the next week. I'm not sure why I'm so convinced that painting will help me, but I've got to explore this feeling.
Squish.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment