A friend of mine did a Google search on my last name and sent me an excerpt of how my last name may have been derived from the name of a musical instrument at some point in its history. Which is cool as I'm a singer, and anything that connects me more to music is super awesome in my books.
The general meaning of my last name is to "shake hands in peace". I never even thought to look to see if there were any other meanings.
So I went to the link my friend had found and read up on where my last name may have originated. And much to my horror, I found this:
"...may also be derived from the Semitic (Arabic and Hebrew) 'sami' meaning 'to hear' and in fact the root word of the personal name Simon or Shimon."
Irony is an evil thing. I may have to go find this historian and hit him in the head with my separation agreement. :P
Friday, February 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment