The Hot Docs Film Festival is in full swing, and I'm the Head Theatre Rep at the Al Green venue.
I was walking along Bloor on my way to the theatre yesterday, when I managed to catch a whiff of a guy's cologne who was walking in the opposite direction. It was Dolce & Gabbana, the exact same cologne that Simon wears.
Shudder.
My heart stopped for a good 10 seconds. I actually had to turn around to make sure it wasn't him. I knew smells could conjure up memories, but I didn't realize how strong of an association smell has with particularly bad memories.
I managed to recover from my slight heart attack and started my shift. Part of my job is making sure the directors who are in attendance are well taken care of. My 9pm screening had a director with the last name of Simon.
Double shudder.
Good thing I'm allowed to call them by their first name (Marc).
In that same screening, a young couple came with their baby boy. Of course, all of us girls were cooing over the little guy. I asked the father the baby's name. Simon.
Triple shudder.
I had to take a moment before I could regain my power of speech and continue cooing over Simon.
So, if you've taken a moment to tally, you can see there were three very distinct Simon signs. I have an eerie feeling that some sort of confrontation is going to happen. Things happen in threes for a reason. And I don't think those signs could have been any more clear.
I officially have my guard up. Here's to hoping it's just a false alarm.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment